- Alder College began the year by welcoming the students into our portals and reopening our classes to Higher Secondary students as well as BA students on 15 January 2019.
- National Girl Child Day was observed in the college with a slogan competition being organised for the students of the college on 24 January 2019.
- On 13 February 2019, an Awareness Programme on Mental Health was held on the initiative of District Mental Health Programme of the Department of Psychiatry (NHAK).
- The college organised a talk, A Glimpse of the Life of Native Americans on 26 February 2019 with Prof. Mauritio Damian Aguilera Linde, Granada University as the resource person.
- Higher Secondary students sat for Class XI Promotion and HSSLC Examinations from 12 February – 4 March 2019.
- Parting Social was held in the college for the final semester students, that is the BA 6th Semester Class on 22 March 2019.
- Mentor-Mentee Meet for the 2nd, 4th and 6th Semesters was held on 30 March 2019.
- University Examinations for BA 2nd, 4th and 6th Semesters were conducted from10 – 24 April 2019.
- Classes commenced for BA 1st Semester, BA 3rd Semester and BA 5th Semester after the May semester break on 3 June 2019.
- The college authority had a meeting with student executives of Alder College Students’ Union on 4 June 2019 pertaining to their participation in ANCSU agitation.
- On 4 June 2019, students of Post Graduate Diploma in Higher Education under IGNOU conducted an interview in the college.
- A Staff Meeting was held on 6 June 2019 at the commencement of the new session.
- Class Representatives Election was held on 10 June 2019.
- An Orientation Programme was conducted for the students of BA 1st Semester on 11 June 2019 on the initiative of the various departments.
- Election to the office of Alder College Students’ Union was conducted on 15 June 2019. Nine student executives were elected for the various posts.
- A meeting of the Academic Committee was held on 19 June 2019.
- The new team of ACSU was inducted and the outgoing team was acknowledged for their commendable service as student leaders.
- Literature/Materials from Red Cross were distributed to the BA 3rd and 5th Semesters students.
- Ravi Zachariah International Ministries ministered to the college on 28 July 2019 as part of Alder College Fellowship programme.
- Grievance Redressal Cell Meet was held on 29 July 2019 to hear and address the grievances of students. Several concerns of students were discussed.
- Annual Sports Meet 2019 was conducted from 6 – 9 August 2019.
- A Retreat Programme for BA 3rd Semester students and hostellers staying in the college hostels was organised by Alder College Fellowship from 14 – 15 August 2019.
- Higher Secondary students sat for their Mid-Term Examinations from 19 – 28 August 2019.
- Members of the faculty and students watched the live telecast of the launch of Fit India Movement by Prime Mininster, Shri Narendra Modi along with the rest of the country on 23 August 2019.
- The college commemorated Teachers’ Day on 5 September 2019.
- On 21 September 2019, NSS volunteers and teachers in charge took the initiative of conducting a sanitation programme in the Deputy Commissioner’s Office compound and Khuochiezie area of the capital town.
- Mentor-Parents Meet for the higher secondary students was held on13 September 2019, while the same was held for the BA students on 27 September 2019.
- The Selection Examination for class XII students was held from 23 September – 3 October 2019.
- A General Staff Meeting at the close of the semester was held on 22 October 2019 which was presided over by the Principal and addressed by the Chairman.
- In collaboration with YouthNet, Soft Skills Training was given to 20 students from 28 – 30 November 2019.
- 23 students from the college attended the 19th Bienniel General Conference of All Nagaland College Students’ Union which was hosted by Zunheboto Government College at Zunheboto from 6 – 9 November 2019.
- The Awareness Program on Harmful Effect of Tobacco & COPTA Act of 2003, was organized in Alder College Kohima in collaboration with National Tobacco Control Program on 13 November 2019. The resource person was Dr. Arenla Walling, District Nodal Officer.
- With the Choice Based Credit System set to be introduced by Nagaland University from June 2020, three members of our faculty, namely Mrs Mhonvani Ezung, HoD English, Mrs Keneiseno Chase, HoD Education and Mr Rii-iinguso Kuotsu, Assistant Professor, Department of Tenyidie have been selected by the affiliating University to take part in deliberations on CBCS and syllabus designing.
- The college library is updated periodically with acquisition of books and e-resources. The Bar-Coding System has been introduced for easier access to resources. Library orientations are given to every new batch of students in the month of June.
- As an extension programme in the neighbourhood, the college organizes workshops on food preservation and baking for women to encourage economic independence.
Annual Report 2019